Spring is officially here in Australia and it sure does feel good! The days are warmer and life is starting to bloom outside which is lovely. It is also the perfect time to start Spring cleaning your home! Here at Quad Services we want to do a little series about Spring cleaning and we thought our first article could be our general tips! These top tips will ease you into the process of how to Spring clean your home and get you started:
* Clear all rubbish away from surfaces, floors and corners – this will instantly clear the room, allowing you to see what is left!
* Once rubbish is gone, start to clear clutter – putting it away where possible and putting items back into their ‘rightful’ place (if they have one – if not, we will be tackling that subject in another article soon!)
* Organise your cleaning products, making sure that you have enough sponges, cloths, bleach, polish and other essentials before even starting.
* Open windows and sweep up outside – allow the warm Spring air into your home and this will definitely be a motivator!
* Start cleaning room by room – Spring cleaning is much more in-depth – you clean inside cupboards, above cupboards and in all those harder to each places that you often put off in Winter. Keeping each stage manageable is key!
* Tackle cupboards and drawers one by one, remembering to take out rubbish as much as possible to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
* Set up a ‘keep, donate and bin’ boxes for all of the main rooms of your home. This is a great way to do something for charities as well as clear your house of clutter and unwanted items.
* You can make the clearing element of cleaning a fun game with your kids – getting them to choose any toys to donate to charities.
* Consider hiring a window cleaner or cleaning company for areas that are too difficult for you or if you are too busy to tackle it all!
* Take rugs outside and give them a good shake. If possible leave them in the sun for the day and then vacuum well.
Those are some of our top tips to help you get started with your Spring cleaning! There will be more to come in this series where we will be sharing all of our helpful tips – gained from working in the cleaning industry in Australia for over 50 years